Monday, October 31, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 14 Mossdeep City

So I then head towards Mossdeep City, where the next gym is.   Actually I get there a lot quicker than I thought I would.  Only ran into one trainer on the way there.  I do happen to find a King's Rock in town, might make use out of that.  I also happen to get the Dive HM.  Would be awesome if I had a Pokemon that could learn it and if I didn't have to get the Mossdeep gym badge first.  Well since I'm not ready for the gym time to find trainers and a Pokemon that can learn dive.  Lucky enough I found a tentacool and I'm pretty sure it can learn surf, dive, and waterfall so I'm holding on to that.

So I managed to make it all the way to Pacifidlog Town.  So I then go to the left to try and get any items I can.  And I guess experience & money from the trainers is nice.  But it doesn't really feel necessary at this point.  I'll probably need the experience later on.  No yellow shard, which I really want to get so I can get the Thunderstone for 1Standchu.  But I did get a Rare Candy, so that'll be useful.  I think I've gotten all the items I can, so all I can really do is take on the gym.

So I take out all the trainers of the gym... well most of them at least.  Time to heal save and take this on.  Now truth be told, going into this gym, I'm worried.  The problem, it's a double battle and since it's an Only Run, I'm going into this Gym with just 1Standchu.  I got no time to set up with it being a 2 VS one.  The good part about the gym is each of the leaders only have one Pokemon so if I can take one of them out it'll be a fair 1 VS 1.  The question is, can I take out a Pokemon and live to have that 1 VS 1 match?  Let's find out... Wait really?  The gym leaders refuse to fight you if you have just one Pokemon?  And I just took forever resolving that gym puzzle 2! >_<

That's right it's literally impossible to go through this game with just one Pokemon in your party. (That's stupid.)  Don't worry this fight will be as close to an Only Run as I can still.  I guess HM Helper will just get a little extra action.  Note he's still at Lv.6 so don't worry, he's not gonna be helping in the gym battle too much.

So actually makes the fight slightly easier since there's a target for them to hit besides 1Standchu... oh wait they're at Lv.42 each?  I mean 1Standchu is level 60 but still... let's if this works Thunbolt on Solrock.  Solrock wastes it's turn doing Sunny day and Lunatone takes out HM Helper.  Perfect now to finish Sol...shoot I didn't mean to target Lunatone! So that mistake cost me a burn.  No biggy Solrock goes down this time...and Lunatone used Light Screen... what a waste.  I'll just heal my health and burn and be good....*1Standchu faints* OK, I should of probably used a Full Restore instead of trying to use a Hyper Potion then a Full Heal...

Round 2:
OK no making stupid mistakes this time, this battle is in the bag!  So I did the same thing I did before at the start of the battle this time I manage to paralyze the Solrock and Lunatone goes for a Calm Mind letting HM helper live... umm... OK...well this time I took out Solrock with full health so despite the the special boost I can still...Hypnosis really on the Pokemon I'm actually fighting with?  And more Calm Mind spamming did the computer just realize that HM Helper is there for death fodder and is taking advantage of it?  *********  Still can't wake 1Standchu up.  I should of just used the stupid full heal.  Thankfully it woke up just in time to pull off the Sweet Kiss and Lunatone hurt itself in confusion instead of pwning me with a super buff Psychic... I go for the item to raise my critical because with it's current sp.def my thunderbolt is doing nothing... and it breaks through confusion & one-hit-KOs me with Psychic... .__.

Round 3:
OK new plan, Kings Rock on 1Standchu is pointless.  I don't got a Magnet though.  So I'm giving him a Chesto berry so the last round doesn't repeat itself.  So yeah, blah blah I heard this twice already let's just go!  So now Solrock does Psychic on Pikachu and Lunatone just Calm Minds... Solrock goes down and only Lunatone remains... again.  Go for the Sweet Kiss and hope for confusion hurt which I'm lucky enough to get. I mange to get three thunderbolts in while it's fighting off the confusion and YES I won the battle!

So with that I finally get the Mind Badge... YES!  I can use Dive outside of battle, Yellow Shard that'll snag me a Thunderstone, here I come!  I also got Calm Mind, can 1Standchu learn it?  It would be useful if he...of course he can't learn it.  But HM Helper did pick something up... A Full Restore... that could of been helpful.  Well, I have it now.  So I guess now I'm gonna take a break from this only run and next time I start, I'll finally be able to get a Thunderstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment