Sunday, November 6, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 15 Into the Dark of a Legendary Lair

So now that we can use the HM Dive outside of battle, before we chase after Team Aqua I decide to go get a Yellow Shard which is needed to trade to an NCP for a Thunderstone.  But first a Pokemon that actually can learn Dive.  I catch a random Tenacool I decide to call underbelly, he'll be my official Dive slave and hopefully it can learn waterfall so it can be my Waterfall HM slave as well.

Unfortunately I have terrible luck finding said Yellow Shard.  After searching around the water area where dive is used and checking the dive spots I could find, I have no luck getting a Yellow Shard.  I even search around online following any advice I could with no luck.  Thankfully I was able to find a random LPer who just so happen to show off collecting items including the shards.  Not exactly a playthrough I'd watch with the time I had but it was still nice to actually be able to follow him around until he collected the shard.

After finally getting that, I then trade the shard for the Thunderstone so now I can evolve 1Standchu whenever/if ever I feel the need for it.  But now that I got that, onward after Team Aqua.

Now, you're suppose to follow a really huge dive area around until you find an underwater cave.  If your at the right place you'll see the submarine Team Aqua stole there.  Dive up and now it's time to pursue the villains and own them, yeah!  Unfortunately it's not that easy this time, not because team Aqua is actually a threat now, no there's... strength and current puzzles.

After not realizing strength was needed and forgetting I got rid of strength on 1Standchu.  I had to backtrack to get a Pokemon that could learn strength.  Thankfully Nanny can learn it so I teach it to him.  Besides that, the current puzzle was the worst part.  It took a good amount of time and thinking to figure out how to get by the current, and guess what I was rewarded with after getting by that?  About 15 rocks blocking my way that I have to carefully move in order to get by.  Somehow I got it on my first try though.

With that all that remains between me and the goal of this place is Archie himself.  While it could of gone bad it didn't.  Mighyena wasn't too bad, though Intimidate was annoying to have.  Either way, it went down to a few Thunderbolts after a bit of a healing war.  Next up came Crobat since all it really could do to me is use Confuse Ray, I used this moment to get a few X-Specials up just in case.  I then used the Yellow Flute to get rid of any confusion I had and finished it off with a Thunderbolt.  Last but defiantly not least was Sharpedo.  It went down to one Thunderbolt but not before almost KOing 1Standchu with a Slash attack.  Thankful it wasn't a critical and I won.


Not like that whole battle mattered, Team Aqua still messed things up by the Red Orb Summoning Kygore making it rain heavily.  If this keeps up the whole world will drown.  Great job guys. >_<  Well only thing that can be done is to head over to Sootopolis city and see if there is anything we can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment