Monday, November 21, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 17 Gym Leader Wallace

So with the world of Pokemon safe once more I decide to take on the last Gym Leader of Hoenen, Wallace.  With 1Standchu by my side and a single HM slave that was required to get into the gym I'm off.

Now this gym puzzle used to stump me A LOT when I was a kid, yet I was able to figure each section of it on my first try.  Guess I'd study the strategy guide so had back in the day that I still remember it today.  That or I was just a stupid kid back then. >_>  Still, I fell down on purpose so I could train off the gym trainers while I still could.  Not sure if 1Standchu still needs the experience but I figure I might as well take the experience and the cash while I still can.

After that, it was time to finally go up face-to face against the gym leader.  I'll admit I was caught off guard the first time I fought him.  I keep thinking that he had a Ludico, which he only has in Emerald, and was totally not ready for the Wishcast he actually did have which proceeded to KO me as soon as I finished off his Lovdisc.

So second time around I took advantage of the fact that Lovdisc is pretty weak and the worst it can do is confuse and attract Standchu to use a hole bunch of X-items.  I believe I used 5 X-Attacks, 5 X-Defense, that item that raises critical hits who's name slips my mind, and 2 X-Specials for good measures.  Honestly, it was probably over-kill but hey, better safe than sorry.

Attraction and confusion together is pretty bad but with my Yellow Flute confusion isn't a problem and Attract will go away once I can break through it for a KO.  After setting up I proceed to 1-hit KO sweep the rest of his team.  Even the Wishcast and even a Milotic.  I did use Sweet Kiss just to be on the safe side with Milotic but I probably didn't even need it.

With my flawless victory, flawless in sense of difficulty of the final attempt not really meaning in one attempt, the Rain Badge is mine!  I also get the TM for Water Pulse, but I can't really do much with that considering 1 Standchu is my only battling Pokemon.

With that all that remains is the Pokemon League.  So first off, back to the mall to stock up on X-Items, I'll probably make quite a bit of use out of them.  Then I might double check to see if I have the return TM, and teach it to Standchu if I do, otherwise, I know where to get it.  Return with max Friendship is one of the strongest normal-type moves in the game so I think it'll be much more useful than Facade.  Maybe I'll look up where to get a Twistedspoon and a Magnet too.  I'm surprised I've ran into so few held-items that boost attack in this game.  After all that perpetration, it'll be time to head off to the Pokemon League.

No comments:

Post a Comment