Monday, October 24, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 11 Birdy Gym Leader but no Safari Zone.

So in that next route I meet up with that Steven guy again.  He shows me off a device that makes invisible Pokemon visible.  Convenient anyone?  Well we get that.  Before I head off to the gym I decide to continue exploring the route and taking out as many of the trainers I can while I'm on it to save myself time later.

So after using as much energy as I can out of 1 Standchu, my Ralts teleports us back to the Poke'Center.  After healing Standchu up,  feel ready to take on the gym.  As you can guess, the gym is a flying type so there isn't really anything I was worry about in the gym.  Like I thought, none of the gym trainers gave me any trouble.  The gym leader, on the otherhand, didn't go as planed.

It would of been smooth sailing if it wasn't for her Alteria.  I hit with a thunderbolt.  I realize that its Dragon/Flying type makes electric attacks deal only neutral damage.  Well I think, "meh no big deal, I can still take it out".  And then the dang thing does Earthquake.... O__O  As you  may have guess, that Earthquake whited me out.

I restarted of course and on this second attempt against the leader I didn't mess around.  From the first Pokemon I set up Standchu for the challenge to come.  I used 3 X-defends on him.  But her Swellow kept double-teaming so I basically said "screw it!" and used a fourth X-defend.

After taking the Swellow out the Alteria hit the field.  Gave it the good old Sweet Kiss treatment and then used Strength instead of Thunderbolt.  I think it's actually stronger considering Standchu's item is currently a Silk Scarf and I wasn't getting the Super Effective hit.  Strangely enough it did not use Earthquake the second time around at all.  I think she knew my defenses were too high to do anything plus the confusion helps.

So after that the gym was a joke.  A Pepplier... X4 weakness to electric.... Goodbye!  And with that I get a new gym badge.  Time to move on to a new town.  In the process, I decide to try out that Hidden Power TM on a local Kelcon.  I find out the Hidden Power is Psychic.  Personally I was hoping for Ice but Psychic could come in handy for Grass/Poison types so I held on to it.

Clearing the rest of the trainers in the route I come acrosss Team Aqua who seem to have plans for Mt. Pyre.  I'll check that out later but first Safari Zone yeah!!!  Wait... I need that stupid Pokeblock case just to get in?  Awwwh... it's an only run but I thought it might of helped to at least catch a find a Lightball to give 1 Standchu...until I find a Pokemon that can learn fly that can't be help...on to Lillycove City.

So when I finally get to town first thing I do is scavenge the place for all the items I can find.  Sadly I can't go to the Pokemart where I'll probably need to get a Thunderstone 'cause dang Bret is blocking the entrance and I don't feel like fighting him yet.  After that I surf the water to the right of town.  Team Aqua is blocking my progression but I'm hoping I can at least get my hands on a Wingull to teach Fly to.  Lucky enough I find just that.

So getting my new Fly "helper" Soarin (Unoriginal?  Who really cares? It's an HM slave)  I fly to Slaport to finally give my Ralts a real nickname and that not a stupid one that doesn't make sense to me anymore.  I figure I should give him at least the honor of having something less stupid before going into the PC than RLight for a nickname so I name him TelePort. :p  With Soarin I'm afraid we won't be needing TelePort anymore.  Unless we come across some Flash puzzles.

So I fly back to Lillycove city and that's pretty much were the story ends for now.  Probably should look into what Team Aqua is up to either at their base in Lillycove or with that mob that went to Mt. Pyre.  Oh and Bret gotta take care of him to.  He's probably gonna be the fight of my life with his two ground types being stronger than they ever were before but 1 Standchu is at Lv. 53 and with Soarin to Fly me, I can restock on X-items whenever I need them.  So I should be fine, but we'll see how this works out the next time I play this solo run.

No comments:

Post a Comment