Friday, October 7, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 8 Pwning Daddy

Been a while since I've blogged about this.  Ever since starting school I haven't been able to play GBA games because I haven't brought my DS with me but this time I did so hurray for actually being able to do this Only Run!

Anyways. since the last part I got major hints that we should go back to the gym our trainer's dad owned but first a trip to the desert with our newly obtained GoGo Googles to beat some trainers and pick-up some items.  Including a fossil, which I won't actually be using since this is an only run but I might revive it later to transfer over to my 4th gen game and then over to Pkm Black.

After all that, I headed over to the Petlburg gym 'cause that's clearly were we need to go.  The gym trainers were a joke being in the 20s wile 1 Standchu is around Lv. 45.  I swear, I haven't done any extra training beyond battling trainers since the second gym. >_<  It didn't help that they wasted their first turn using X-items so I could take them out before they even got to attack.

So after beating all the gym trainers and healing I stocked up on X-items for the gym fight.  Not that I even needed them.  I don't think Nomrman stood a chance against Standchu with his around Lv. 25 Pokemon.  I was a bit concern about his first Slanking so I Sweet Kissed it.  Between hurting itself in that same turn and loafing, it didn't even get the chance to attack me before I finished it off.

While he did get to his with his Vigorth and got me down to half health.  There was no worry.  I just healed myself back up and finished it off.  I was a bit worried about his final Slanking when I went for the Sweet Kiss just to see it had Focus Punch.  Lucky for me it hit itself in confusion and didn't get the chance to attack me between loafing and me constantly hitting it so it couldn't use Focus Punch.  So overall it was an easy win and I didn't have to even restart once.  With that victory I got the next badge and the TM Facade.  I'm considering replacing Strength for it.  Strength has 10 more base power, but Facade power gets double if I'm burned, parlayed, or potion so there is the slight chance it could come in handy.  But I can't get rid of Strength right now so I'm stuck with it anyways.

After that Wally's parents gave me surf which is just what I needed to progress through the game.  Thank you plot!  Between the new shortcuts from surf and the bike trail I quickly make my way over to Mauville City where I can now surf across that water to the right of the city.  Except I forgot I never fought the trainers on there.  Well took care of them and healed since I need to get back the PP I used up at the gym before I progress anyways.  After words I surfed over that water and that is where I am now.  So after I beat these trainers on the other side of the water I think I'm going to be done for now and continue this Only Run another day.  Chao!

PS: Right before I really stopped I ran into Steven who blabbled on about stuff about raising more than one type of Pokemon... I'm doing an Only Run does he really think I care?  Oh and there's news reporters I could battle but it's an Only Run and I don't really need the experience so skipping them for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment