Monday, October 31, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 13 Team Aqua Strikes Again

So after my disapointment of a lack of Thunderstones, I headed off to Mt. Pyre.  Well not quite, I went pass Mt. Pyre first to collect all the items and fight all the trainers I could in the process. 

In the process someone in our dorm derped enough to forget to put a little certain something called water into their EasyMac which set off all the fire alarms, forcing everyone to leave the building.  Thankful I had my DS in my hands so I just did a lot of playing of my Only Run while waiting around outside.  Wish I could say this was a shocking experience but honestly the fire alarm goes off so often around here from stupid things like that, I don't take fire alarms seriously anymore and these "fire drills" are more of an annoyance than anything else.  Like I said, got lots done with the Only Run so I'm not complaining too loud.

So after all that I get back inside to actually go through Mt. Pyre not outside in the cold.  There's actually two paths to it, the plot related path and the path with trainers and items.  So of course I took the later first, getting a bunch of stuff including the TM for Shadow Ball (can't teach it to 1 Standchu which is a bummer but oh well, I get the feeling his moveset isn't gonna change to much between now and the end of the game). 

So after that I took the path up Mt. Pyre I was suppose to take.  Guess what guys?  Team Aqua has taken over Mt. Pyre!  All not one not two not even three but four of their grunts.  Whatever shall I... oh yeah Lv.54 Pikachu... that takes care of that.  I actually struggled more with organizing my item space for all the items I was getting than over Team Aqua.  I ended up catching about 4 ghost Pokemon just to hold items for me until I could get back to the PC.  I even used a rare candy just to make room for items.  Granted, I made sure it didn't go to waste when I used it but still...

So despite my me handing Team Aqua's butts to them, they still somehow manage to steal an orb from old people.  Now this orb is important for something but I don't feel like explaining it all. Just trust me when I say it's relvant to the plot.  I get handed the other orb that is suppose to be with it.  So I give Team Aqua the other one?  I kid, we got to get the orb they stole back.

So being the plot-convenience villains they are they happen to tell me we're they were going before they left, so time to pursuit!  So we're at Slateport to stop them from stealing a submarine but being the heroes we are, we fail to stop them.  Well, time to Team Aqua's base back at Lilcove.  Oh by the way, yes, the bad guys did tell us to go there.  I see why Team Magma and Aqua fail so hard now. 

So in there I roam around beating all the bad guys and collecting items.  *Wanders around a bit*  Oh wait Archie I didn't mean to find you yet, I still got to get the Master Ball!  ....funny you can walk away from him after the explanation point appears above his head.  I never knew that before.  So after wandering around I found some more PP restoring items as well as the Master Ball.  (Yes Team Aqua leaves a valuable item like a Masterball laying right out in the open, I think we've gotten across how mart they are by now though.)  Not that I can actually use it in my Only Run, but there's got to be  something I can catch between my 3rd and 4th generation games with it.  Maybe even 5th generation if I could transfer items to that game but noooo Nintendo thinks it's cool for me to start all my item collect from scratch. >_>

So I've gotten a ton of rare candies and PP restoring items between my collecting from the beginning of this blog post to now. I'm certainly glad for that since I'll need all the PP restoring items I can get for the Elite Four.  I thought I would have to worry about running out of PP for moves, but I think I'll be good especially if there's more of such items to come.  By the way, 1Standchu is now at Lv. 57. 

Now that I got everything that I wanted, now to take on Archie hopefully he hasn't gotten the idea of running away betw... what do you know he's still there but wait he's actually grunt... his a super grunt or an admin.  I honestly wasn't expecting a fight and didn't heal but I'm not too worried not even though 1Standchu is paralyzed.  Electrodes, that's how.  So just like I though I just Thunderbolt sweep his team, after fighting against the paralysis of course.  Oh noz Mightyena Swagger me, but wait I break through a para-fuision to defeat the admin, awesome. :D  Not that this fight was any bit of a struggle.

But sadly that guy was just stalling for time too.  Archie got away on his "I-don't-know-what-color-submarine", maybe if I didn't try to get all the items in the dungeon first he wouldn't of gotten away.  Who am I kidding?  It's an RPG time never matters. 

Oh and in case you were wondering, yes the super grunt did indeed give-away where Archie was going, though at least he was more vague then all the other advice we've gotten straight from the dumb villain's mouth so far. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment