Sunday, October 30, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 12 Safari Zone & Shopping with Bret

So first off I finally got the Pokeblock case so I can finally get into the Safari Zone. You may be wondering why I would want to even bother with the Block case in an Only Run. Well basically I looking for more Pikachus. More specifically, one that is holding a Light Ball, a held item that increases Pikachu's special attack.

Now getting this item is a real pain in this game. First I got to find Pikachus in the Safari Zone which is a tedious task in itself just have to scoot around in the grass until you find one which would be fine if they weren't uncommon. Even if you do find one you can't weaken it to catch it, and Pokemon in the Safari Zone can and will run away from you while you throw balls at them. Finally a Pikachu has a real low chance of holding a Light Ball so even if you catch a dozen you may still not get the item.

So after hours in the Safari Zone I come out with 4 Pikachus, 2 of them with Oran Berries and no Light Balls. I guess if I want 1Standchu to get stronger I'll have to evolve it. Speaking of evolving and the Thunderstone, isn't Bret still in front of the Pokemon Mall? I think it's about time I take care of him. But before that, time to stock up on X-items!

So my first attempt is a flop because Marstomp makes all the Xitems I used go to waste with a critical hit Mud Shot. >_<. So I learned the Swellow he sends out likes to spam Double Team which would be great for setting up if it wasn't boosting evasion. But with +2 defense and a critcal hit boost I take Swellow down.

Then comes Marstomp, I get a Sweet Kiss and my guards Spec up so I don't lose too much speed. Then I get lucky enough to take it out with a critcal Facade in one hit. Then comes Shroomish it seem to no longer have Leech Seed so its only threat is through poison. I take advantage of this by getting to more defense boost just in case. Did have to use a Full Restore but besides that not much trouble.

Now last up was his Numel, it went down surprisingly easily. Just one Facade and it hurting itself in confusion in the same turn and Bret was defeated. Now for my prize... all the Xitems I can buy under one roof! Oh and Lemonaid that'll be helpful. But where's the Thunderstones? I could of sworn they sold the elemental stones here. :( If not here, then where? I guess I have some Googling to do...

So apparently I can't get the Thunderstone until I can use dive... that could be a problem. Maybe I should try again to get the Light ball after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment