Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 5 Wally and Wallace

After healing up at the Pokemon Center, I ran across Wally, who I help catch his first Pokemon, in front of the 3rd gym.

He wanted to battle me so we battled.  1 Standchu handle him without any problem.  Then I went into the gym and beat all the trainers.  I went to heal then head back to face gym leader Wallace.

Wallace has got to be the easiest gym leader I faced so far.  But that didn't mean he went down without a fight.  The only thing that made me take multiple tries to beat him was dang Voltorb with the stupid self-destruct! >_<

Every battle, the Magamite (sorry for misspellings, I just don't feel like looking up the right way to spell it) would weaken Standchu to the point where self-destruct would finish the job.

The battle I won, I got real lucky.  I got a critical hit on his Magamite with Thunderbolt, taking it out it one shot before it could paralyze Standchu or get any damage on him.  Then I pulled off a sweet kiss and the Voltorb kept hitting itself until Slam could finish the job.

Finally was Magaton.  At this point I won the battle, but I just had to make sure Standchu's health didn't get too low.  Thunderwave made things annoying too but I got the job done.

So now I have 3 badges and now can use Rock Smash outside of battle.  Off to Peddleburg.  I use Rock Smash in the area blocked off by the rocks and got Strength. 

I go to teach it to HM Helper and... uh-oh!  He can't learn the move!  But wait, 1 Standchu can, and it's just as powerful as Slam but with 100% accuracy!  HM moves on my main Pokemon in an Only Run might not be a good idea but I'm pretty sure by the time I need to get rid of Strength, I'll be able to with the help of the Move Deleter.

With that, I go back to Rustbro using my new short-cut and restock up on X-Atacks, X-Defends, and X-Speeds and head back to Mawhile.  (By the way I forgot to mention it before, but you can get X-Specials in Peddleburg Mart, I know that will be handy for the future so of course I picked some up.)

Along the way I picked up my Ralts who I left in the Day-care during this time to get some level-ups. It only gain 2 levels and still is a bit away from learning telport.  So I'll stick an exp share on it for now until it learns the move.  I think 1 Standchu has enough experience at this point of the game to share a little with Ralts just till it learns teleport.

No comments:

Post a Comment