Saturday, August 27, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 3 Two Gyms Down

So I finally evolved my 1 Standchu into a Pikachu.  It took a lot of tedious running randomly running around to increase it's happiness, but I watch some videos that I was going to watch anyways so it wasn't too bad of grinding.

During that time I also gained my first victory against a ground type.  Emoing a Nincia to death with confusion actually worked for once. It evolved right the fight.  I still had to grind it to level 20 to learn Slam but like I said before, I know how to make grinding as enjoyable as it can be.

So I went into the gym and took out the gym trainers without much trouble.  However, despite my grinding Roxane was still no piece of cake.  The way I did it was I had to confuse her Geodude and then I used a Xdefend and a Xattack.  Then it was just a matter of Slamming it away while keeping it confused.

However the Geodude didn't agree and it took at least 3 attempts to take it down.  Her Nosepass was a joke compared to that though since it's a pure rock type so I can actually use thundershock till it goes down.

After getting the badge, Team Aqua was up to no good so I go kick that grunt's butt.  Compared to the gym he was nothing. :p

So that resulted in me being able to progress the plot.  Yeah!  So now I'm in the town with the second gym. 

Before heading in, on the town or island more to say I picked up a Silk Scarf with boosts normal-type move which makes it even stronger than Thundershock for now.

Gym trainers are a joke compared to what I've seen before.  No trouble what-so-ever.  I did kind-of underestimated Brawly though.

Machop was OK and I got through it with just Slaming. Really underestimated Makuhita though.  First thing the dang thing did was Sand Attack me until I couldn't do anything.

After that fail attempt, I went in with an actual strategy.  I started with confusing and paralyzing the Machop so I could could get an Xattack on Pikachu so I could sweep through the team with slam before my accuracy gets too low from the sand attacks from Makuhita.

A critical hit from Machop's Karate Chop foiled that plan at first but I pulled off a victory in my 3rd attempt and claimed my badge.

So overall the fight was nowhere near as the first gym leader but it wasn't cake-walk easy.

Then I went off and deliver the letter we got to Steven now that we can use flash and got some nice experience for Standchu.

With all of that, onward to Staleport or something to progress the plot I need to go through to get the next badge. :)

Sorry if I don't remember the names of places it's been a while since I've played this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment