Friday, August 26, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 2 Challenge Right from the Start

So what is inside the egg? A Pichu! Yeah I'm playing through the game using just that Pichu. Though it can and needs to evolve.

It was a boy and I named it 1 Standchu because it's standing on it's own in this playthrough. Though in this blog I'll call it Standchu for short.

I trained it up a bit before it's first trainer battle and it did pretty well until I got into Pettleburg Woods.

No it wasn't the Aqua grunt. He was a sitnch I spent a bunch of time setting up on him just to realize I didn't even need to.

No it was the bug catcher right after I started having trouble. Those dang Nincada with their ground type. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the problem that Pichu's only offense move is Thundershock.

The only thing I could do is use sweet kiss on it and hope it KOed itself in confusion. I almost beat it too. If only Sweet Kiss had more than 10 PP. I was tempted to use an Ether but PP restoring items are so rare I didn't want to waste it.

I'm regretting forgetting Tail Whip instead of Charm. If I kept Tail Whip I could make my foes take more damage from confusion since the damage is based off the difference between a Pokemon's attack and defense.

So I skipped that trainer for now and I'm probably going to have to avoid Bug Catchers and Hikers until Standchu evolves.

Which brings me to my next dilemma.. handling the first gym. I made it to the town it was at but Standchu needs to learn a non-electric attacking move before I can even stand a chance.

The gym is rock types but as you probably know in these rock gyms most if not all the Pokemon are also ground type, which resists electric attacks.

It can't learn Quick Attack since it learns that as a Pikachu at lv. 11 which he was already pass when I learned that. The only other move it can learn I can used is Slam at Lv.20.

Which is ironic since I always complain about how bad Slam is of a move, but it's all I can get.

So I need Standchu to evolve before I can take on the gym but it needs to be before Lv. 20 otherwise I think I'm screwed. Shouldn't be a problem if I just run around to raise Standchu's friendship but it could be a bit tedious. ._.

Well that's about it for now, just started the playthrough and I already need Standchu to evolve. I was kind-of hoping to enjoy Pichu's sprite for a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment