Monday, August 29, 2011

My First Pokemon Only Run: Part 4 VS Brendan

Well made it to Slateport.  We delivered the goods to Captain Stern.  Oh and we fought some grunts but none of them were tough enough to meation.  In fact they all had water and flying types, both which are weak to electric types so it was a joke.

We met the team Aqua Leader who I believe is Archie but no big deal.

After that I made made my way over to Mauville city and guess who I ran into along the way?  That's right Brendan, and he wants to fight me.

I'll admit it took a few tries and leveling Standchu up a level but I did it.  The thing that really made the fight hard was his Shroomish using Leech Seed and the fact that his starter already evolved into a Marshomp.  I honestly didn't think I would have to worry about the ground sub-type till at least the 3rd fight.

What I did to win in the end was got 2 X-defends and a X-attack up while Shroomish was out.  I also used an X-accuracy I picked up along the way, which I think was extremly helpful since Sweet Kiss and Slam are two key moves I need yet aren't perfect in accuracy.  I just wish I had another one for a gym leader I may need it on but I should eventually be able to buy all these X-items.

Only problem with using the Shroomish to set up was that it was able to get the leech seed on my Pokemon which I had to deal with for the rest of the match since I have only one Pokemon to fight with.

But with my defense up, I didn't have to worry about Mud Shot one-hit-KOing me.  So that made the fight bearable.  He had a Numel too but surprisingly it just kept embering me and didn't use any ground types.  A bit annoying, since it got Standchu burnt so Slam got weaken but my X-Attack kept Slam strong enough to get the job done.

Throughout the fight I had to keep a close eye on my health and use potions and soda pop I got from the beach shop to keep his health out of KOing range.

Overall though, once I got a strategy down the fight wasn't as bad as it could of been.  It just took a few tries to pull off.

Standchu's health was low & I was still burn and since it wasn't a major battle anymore, I put my Ralts out in front and went through the rest of the grass skipping trainers.

Yes I have other Pokemon, and yes I've been training Ralts a bit on the wild Pokemon.  I'll confess to this now.  1 Standchu is still taking on all the trainers I come across so as far as I care, this Only Run is still an Only Run.

I'm only training my Ralts because I want it to learn teleport.  It's a really handy move and I think it'll make training a whole lot easier on me.  Especially since we won't get Fly for quite some time.

Speaking of other Pokemon, my HM helper just  picked up a King's Rock.  That's an item that makes it so any attack on an opposing Pokemon may make it flinch.

It's tempting to use but I think the Silk Scarf will still be more helpful for Standchu for now. 

So after beating all the trainers I skipped before, 1 Standchu is all the way at Lv.30.  Feels weird for this point of the game.  But since this is an only run I'll need all the extra levels I can get.

PS:
Can't wait till Ralts learns teleport.  Sadly, it's only at Lv.11 and it learns the move at Lv.16 so I'm still a bit away especially since I want 1 Standchu to get all good experience since he's the only one I'm using in trainer and actual battles. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment